This privacy notice tells you about the information we collect from you when you sign up to receive our Messenger Bot updates via our website or Facebook. In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
6 Step Social Consulting Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this messenger bot, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
6 Step Social Consulting Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01.05.2019.
Who Are We?
We are 6 Step Social Consulting Ltd. Our address is: 6 Step Social Consulting Ltd, International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1A 2BN, United Kingdom
You can contact us by post at the above address, by email at email@example.com or by telephone on +44 203 985 0931.
We are not required to have a data protection officer, so any enquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to the contact details above.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- First and last name
- Facebook Scoped User ID
What We Do with the Information We Gather
We do need this information in order to:
- Subscribe you to our Messenger bot
- Send you regular updates about our blog posts, upcoming projects, challenges, free trainings, free gifts and special offers all designed to help you become a more successful entrepreneur and business owner. (General messenger bot updates will be sent up to once per week.)
- Send you daily updates on specific projects, challenges or topics you’ve expressed a deeper interest in by clicking a button to receive more information. (We will only send you daily updates for as long as the project runs for, and after that updates will go back to once per week.)
We ask for your consent to do this, and we will only send you our messenger bot updates for as long as you continue to consent.
Who the data is shared with:
- The application is deployed on the Messenger Bot platform called ManyChat.com
- No other service is receiving any personal data
How Long the Information Is Stored
Your information is kept for as long as you continue to consent to receive our messenger bot updates.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you get asked if you want to get subscribed
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the updates, you may change your mind at any time using the provided link from the messenger bot’s menu or by typing in the word “Stop” or “Unsubscribe” into the bot.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time. A menu item will let you get all the information. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Via the Messenger bot’s menu you are also able to request all the saved data we hold about you be deleted. As as result, we won’t be able to send you insider updates any more.
Your Right To Complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office